Friday, July 20, 2018

Day 13 - Sheridan to Gillette WY

Ride Stats:
Distance: 109.2 Miles
Climbing: 4,442ft
Ride Time:  7:30
Temp:  60-105

Today's ride was really difficult after yesterdays big climb over the Big Horn Mountains.  We had less climbing, but strong headwinds plus the heat made the day very tough.  Our legs were dead going into the ride, so we lacked the punch needed to move forward at a decent pace.  Tomorrow is forecast to be very similar, so may be touch in the saddle.  Over this past week five of us have banded together to ride as a group - Jim, Courtney, Anni, Jim and me.  We all have complimentary abilities, work well together and enjoy chatting and bantering back and forth.  That has really helped on days like today.

The landscape changed from mountains and plains to hills and plains.  Just took a few pictures today.

After a long hot day, when I walked into my hotel room I was greeted by hot air.  Must have been close to 90 in that room.  The maintenance guys worked on it without success and ended up replacing the entire unit.  I am finally cooled down as I write this post.

On Sunday we will visit Mount Rushmore, which I am looking forward to.

Today's pictures:
Our team heading out for the day - Jim, Courtney, Anni & Jim



The wide open plains.  Hard to see the hills with this shot.





No comments:

Post a Comment