Thursday, July 19, 2018

Day 12 - Powell to Sheridan, WY

Ride Stats:
Distance: 123.1 Miles
Climbing: 7,513ft
Ride Time:  8:32
Temp:  59-98 (68 at summit)

Today was a very long day, so I will keep this post short.  I can summarize the entire day with one word - Wow!!!

We climbed the Big Horn Mountains.  The scenery was spectacular.  The climb very difficult (grades up to 14%) to an elevation of 9,430 (still some snow banks up there)..  Then we were rewarded with a spectacular descent.  The descent was fast and technically difficult at times (3,600ft drop in 13 miles)..  I took a video of the entire descent but could not safely take pictures.  If I have time to extract a couple of pictures, I will update this post.  The video is too big to post.

Pictures from today:
Beginning the climb - Looked very intimidating

Getting close to the submit

Even higher



The Summit


Still have snow banks up here





Another from the climb

Last one from the climb

No comments:

Post a Comment